As Bay Area ports expand their ferry services, PCNC is hosting a presentation of the design of a fast foil ferry, an innovation that promises a leap forward in low-emissions, high-speed passenger ferry service.
Three ports in Washington have joined forces to support the effort: Port of Anacortes, Port of Bellingham, and Port of Skagit. The vessel is under design by Glosten, a naval architecture and marine engineering firm, and Bieker Boats, a performance marine craft designer.
DNV (Det Norske Veritas), a Norwegian-based marine classification society that contracts with the U.S. Coast Guard, is coordinating the PCNC presentation. DNV GL is an accredited certification body. It certifies the compliance of companies according to a third-party standard, such as ISO 9001 (quality management system) or ISO 14001 (environmental management system).
Our speakers will be:
* Jennifer States, Director for Blue Economy at DNV GL, and
Project Coordinator for Washington Maritime Blue
* Matt Lankowski, Ocean Engineering and Analysis, Glosten
* Paul Bieker, Partner, Bieker Boats.
In addition, we will hear welcoming remarks from:
* Kristin Zortman, Executive Director, Port of Redwood City will provide opening remarks.
* Dan Worra, Executive Director for Port of Anacortes will also be joining us.
If you wish to attend the September 1st event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom instructions.Share